Here is where I write about fashion, and other lovely things.
Bear with me, I'm new at this.

Friday 10 January 2014

The White Project - Update


I'm now on the fourth day of making my toile and I have four front panels and sleeves in place!
I'm going to begin work on the back tomorrow afternoon after much needed sleep, these late nights are killing me but I suppose that's the price you pay for being a fashion student.

Also, the toile needs a serious press over so please excuse the creases!
 
As previously planned, the front consists of four panels - two of the left, two on the right. These panels all flow towards the right hand side of the garment.
There are bust darts in place to give form and fit to the coat without distracting too much from the seam line panels.

(I have plans to see if I can turn the darts into seam lines but that's extra detailing that
can wait until the base is fully finished)

I created two sleeves based on the kimono style. The sleeves attach above the bust dart to what I can only describe as a yoke.


The sleeves lead to a panel that runs down the side of the coat - I'm currently in the process of working out adding an inside panel from cuff, under arm and down to the hem on both side. This will match along with the slim panel running from the the shoulder down to the cuff.

The back is currently up for debate, at the moment I am considering adding in another panel. Half way between the neckline and the yoke line, fitting in with the under-arm panel.

My goal of finishing the base of my toile by the end of next week is looking promising with the rate it's going!

Please keep popping back to track my progress for this project!!

I also have a Facebook page that runs along side this blog with regular updates and info please like and share with your friends!!


Unbrilded Trends - Facebook

Big loves,

Samantha
 xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive