Here is where I write about fashion, and other lovely things.
Bear with me, I'm new at this.

Tuesday 18 February 2014

The Birth of Unbridled.

Unbridled has been in the making for a number of years. I've always dreamed of having my own clothing range inspired by vintage fabrics, clothing and my keen interest in sustainable/eco fashion.

Over the past few months I've been gathering inspiration, patterns and fabrics from all over.
All the patterns I will be using are either vintage styles or horse riding clothing patterns. The fabrics are reclaimed from anywhere I can source them and the inspiration is all my own!


A wonderful friend of mine has donated an extremely large pile of fabrics to the cause and over the next months I'm going to slowly build a collection from them - starting with a gorgeous floral fabric. Using embellishments and modern pattern cutting techniques, breathing new life into the textiles and creating something daring yet wearable!

I've been working on putting together a Show Jacket for a good friend of mine.
She's a fantastic rider (and that's an understatement!!) and I feel completely honoured that she's asked me to do this for her.
This the first toile I put together for her and there are a number of adjustments to be made. It's really interesting designing and manufacturing something that 100% HAS to be functional as well as beautiful. It puts an entirely new spin on what I'm doing - and I do love a challenge!





Watch this space! Keeping reading, keep liking..
Unbridled Trends - Facebook

Big loves,

Samantha
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive